The council were provided with a range of IT services by a supplier but the performance areas were difficult to understand due to a lack of metrics. This left the council struggling to manage the IT services or make improvements.
• Dashboards were developed to clearly display performance levels
• A service reporting and communication pack was established for regular updates, feedback, management and improvement
• All agreed metrics were captured
• Performance baselines and methods for capturing future trends were established
• Clear reporting was put in place to be used by both parties
• A means to manage, direct and improve the service was put in place
Working with the council and IT provider, we clarified and established agreed metrics and determined areas of improvement. Using Lean and operational managements good practice approaches, the current SLAs and service metrics were evaluated, gap analysis was undertaken and weaknesses identified.